Monday, May 25, 2009

Now

Well, during the period of time where I very well should have been studying for spring finals, but neither felt the urgency or the desire to do so, I found myself scanning through my old posts on xanga.com. It's interesting to me the transition that the social circle around me (and perhaps my generation at large) has made to facebook, and how central it has become to "connecting" to a wide variety of people. It has, however, also diminished the opportunity of discussion in favor of social planning or even petty one line arguments that plague the more "charged" groups. 

I'm perfectly ok with this switch, but as I dug deeper and deeper into the posts of early high school, I couldn't help but wish to reenter the online world of discussion again, to be able to process and have others (if they exist) process alongside me. At this point I was directed to the site that I am writing on at this very moment. I guess we'll see if I actually find time to write, but I figure there's no harm in trying.

So here's to expressing the state of your soul and mind in more than a status update or wall comment, I hope it's close to what I'm imagining.

No comments:

Post a Comment