Friday, February 5, 2010

Todo Cheque

Well, I started this blog about a year ago, but of course never got past the first two entries. Apparently all it takes to have time to talk is leaving the country for 3 or 4 months at a time, because here I am sitting in my la sala de mi familia writing the first entry since May.

After 20 hours of planes, layovers, buses, and construction, I made it to Tegucigalpa, Honduras, where I will be living and studying for the next 4 months. My host family has been very gracious to me, and they seem to have a good sense of humor, so I’m very much looking forward to this semester. The bonus of my family is that they are all big eaters, and insist on giving me enough food to kill the roaring tiger in my stomach.

It has only been two days, but I’m already finding myself defaulting to Spanish before English. Given that that’s a part of the goal of this semester, this isn’t bad at all, but might prove a little problematic at times, like when I began to type a full sentence in Spanish for my Biology research paper that I’m finishing up.

I’ll type more thoughts when I experience more things, just tought I would start this thing out and let people know I’m alive and all that. Supposedly another perk of leaving the country is that one or two people actually read your blog, but I'll probably keep it up regardless.

jake

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you have a family to laugh with in Honduras! I'm looking forward to hearing lot's of great stories. Love you lots!

    ReplyDelete